September 14th is National Cream Filled Donut Day! What better time to learn how to make these sinfully delicious donuts for your family than on the day dedicated to them? Don’t worry – the following recipes aren’t going to have you pulling your hair out…
First though, let’s look at a few interesting facts about these creamy concoctions:
- Donuts (also spelled doughnut) are a fried flour mix that either feature a hole in the middle or are filled with creams or jams.
- Cream filled donuts are usually topped with sugar or frosting.
- It is widely debated where donuts originated from. Some people say it was in North America by Dutch settlers, others say it was a 16 year old named Hanson Gregory who invented them on a lime-trading ship in 1847.
- Wherever the donut originated, it first showed up in cookbooks in 1803 – in an appendix of American recipes.
More Cream Filled Donut Recipes:
- Easy, Fried Boston Cream Donuts: in under 30 minutes! Made using Pillsbury Grands biscuits and filled with a creamy pudding mixture, these are sure to tempt you! Don’t forget the rich chocolate ganache! Well, school is in full ……More at Boston Cream Donuts – Shugary Sweets
- Vanilla Cream-Filled Doughnuts: Yield: 9 doughnuts. Prep Time: 10 hours. Cook Time: 20 minutes. Total Time: 12 hours. A recipe for sweet, yeasted doughnuts that are tossed in sugar and filled with a light vanilla cream….More at Vanilla Cream-Filled Doughnuts | Brown Eyed Baker
- Chocolate Irish Cream Filled Donuts: Who am I kidding, everybody like donuts. Especially donuts filled with chocolate Irish cream filling. Hey, it’s March 1st after all. Chocolate Irish Cream Filled Dounuts-4. Wow, it’s March ……More at Chocolate Irish Cream Filled Donuts – Half Baked Harvest
- Strawberry Margarita Cream Filled Donuts: | http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/. Don’t you remember? I told you Monday that I had margarita plans for you guys today. Like I said, I went a little Margarita crazy. I couldn’t help ……More at Strawberry Margarita Cream Filled Donuts – Half Baked Harvest
- Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts: At the beginning of October I was telling my brother about my current doughnut obsession and he asked if I had ever tried a peanut butter cream filled doughnut. Um, what? Pretty sure if I ate a peanut butter cream filled doughnut that my face would explode in excitement and then I … (Note that the original recipe calls for 6-15 hours of refrigeration. Mine was perfect after 4 hours, but if you need longer (like overnight), that is fine.) While the dough is refrigerating, make ……More at Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts. – How Sweet It Is